Rules & Terms
The following rules govern all film submissions made to the El Paso Film Festival.
Only films that are submitted will be considered for competition.
- Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
- Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (FilmFreeway), a password-protected streaming URL. DVDs & Blu-Rays will NOT be accepted as a form of submission.
- If the submission link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
- EPFF screens films as digital files for short/feature films and Blu-Ray Discs for feature films only, during the Festival. If you are unable or unwilling to provide us your short film as a digital file or your feature film as a digital file or Blu-Ray disc for exhibition, please DO NOT SUBMIT your film.
- Films must be available for screening during the El Paso Film Festival, Fall of 2018.
- Films that have been submitted to EPFF in previous years are eligible to be resubmitted, provided they are eligible according to all of EPFF’s current rules.
- If your short film or feature film has already had its World Premiere, North American, US Premiere, Texas Premiere, Hometown Premiere, Cast & Crew Premiere, or Online Premiere, don’t worry, you are still eligible to submit and compete in our film festival. Unlike other film festivals, we award the hard work filmmakers have put into their projects, regards of where it has already screened. Submit with confidence.
- EPFF reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
ORIGINALITY & PERMISSIONS
- Films must be the original work of the applicants.
- By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
- Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. EPFF expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
- DO NOT SUBMIT WORKS IN PROGRESS! We strongly advise filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished. The film will judged as a completed work only.
- STORY AND SOUND! That’s what we look for in our entries. Make sure your story can be heard. If your short or feature film is submitted with a bad sound mix, it will automatically be disqualified and the filmmaker will not receive a refund for their submission
- Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by EPFF in connection with the dispute.
- Online Debit/Credit Payment is the only method we accept for submission fees at this time. Mailed checks will be shredded and destroyed upon receipt.
- Please include in your cover letter if your film was SHOT IN EL PASO (include locations) or if you are an EL PASO FILMMAKER.
SELECTED FILMS AND WINNERS
- EPFF has no obligation to disclose the identities of screeners or judges. Notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project will not be provided, nor will the details regarding the submission review or selection process.
- EPFF explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by EPFF or by its volunteers.
- Winners will be announced on October 1, 2018. The jury’s decision is final.
- Winners receiving cash prizes are solely responsible for payment of all applicable local, state, and federal taxes.
RETURNS & ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:
- Press materials will not be returned under any circumstances.
COMPETITION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- I have read all of the rules, understand, and have complied with these rules and warrant the submission of my/our original work and that there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the project submission.
- I also warrant the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead. To the best of my/our knowledge, all the statements herein are true and correct.
- I understand that failure to adhere to the competition rules and regulations will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee. I acknowledge that once an entry payment has been processed, EPFF will not provide a refund.
- No revisions of materials will be accepted once entry has been submitted.
BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, I/WE HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND THE FESTIVAL, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.